Treatment & Care
The typical rate of activation is one (1) 1⁄4 turn every three days. Most screws we use in mid-palate applications require five (5) activations per 1mm.
This appliance is delivered from ODL with springs pre-activated. Use an elastic o-ring to hold the spring to the band. The patient should be seen every three weeks, and reactivation should be done if needed by holding the center of the helix with a bird beak plier and push the spring distally.
This appliance should be cleaned every day with toothpaste and a soft toothbrush, morning and night. Encourage the patient to give sufficient time to clean thoroughly around the appliance, gums, teeth, and bands to maintain proper hygiene and prevent inflammation. 3 minutes is recommended.
- Wire: American Orthodontic Chromium Cobalt
- Springs: .032″ Titanium Molybdenum Alloy Archwire Round
- Screw: Leone 10mm POP Screw
- Acrylic: JBC Monomer and Polymer
Attachment & Band options:
- AO Maximum Retention Bands
- Leone Web Bands
- AO .022 Slot w/ Hook
- AO Headgear and .022 Slot with Hook
- AO MBT w/hook
- AO Double Slot w/ Hook