Treatment & Care
- Activate with a flat nose plier and finger-pressure.
- Verify activation amount by inserting one retention loop and observing the relationship of the other retention loop to its sheath.
- Repeat on opposite side to confirm.
The treatment goal always determines the amount of activation for expansion, contraction, torque, and rotation. Heavy permanent forces require activation in only small steps: Maximum 8-week activation parameters: expansion and contraction are 3mm rotation is 20 degrees torque is 10 degrees Caution: Maximum 8-week activation parameters should not be exceeded. Over-activation of quad can cause possible root resorption and loss of force-control.
MIA Quad Helix System
This appliance should be cleaned every day with toothpaste and a soft toothbrush, morning and night. Encourage the patient to give sufficient time to clean thoroughly around the appliance, gums, teeth, and bands to maintain proper hygiene and prevent inflammation. 3 minutes is recommended.
- Wire: American Orthodontics Chromium Cobalt
Attachment & Band options:
- AO Maximum Retention Bands
- Leone Web Bands
- AO .022 Slot w/ Hook
- AO Headgear and .022 Slot with Hook
- AO MBT w/hook
- AO Double Slot w/ Hook