Treatment & Care
The typical rate of activation is one (1) per day. Each RPE requires four (4) activations per 1mm. It is Not uncommon to double up with one turn in the morning and one in the evening. Going too fast may damage periodontal membrane or roots of the teeth. Going too slow may result in producing more dentoalveolar change and less sutural split than normally desired.
This appliance should be cleaned every day with toothpaste and a soft toothbrush, morning and night. Encourage the patient to give sufficient time to clean thoroughly around the appliance, gums, teeth, and bands to maintain proper hygiene and prevent inflammation. 3 minutes is recommended.
How to Bond
1) Brush Reliance plastic conditioner on the underside of the appliance, and let dry.
2) Etch around the circumference of the teeth, NOT the occlusal surface.
3) If the appliance will be covering any primary teeth, paint Reliance Assure on etched areas then dry.
4) Use Reliance Ultra Band Lock and inject into the underside of the appliance….cover the buccal, lingual and occlusal surfaces with paste, be careful not to have any voids, this can cause decalcification in those areas.
5) Seat the appliance and clean off any excess material, then light cure through the acrylic onto the tooth surface, about 10 seconds per tooth.
- Wire: American Orthodontics Chromium Cobalt
- Screw: Leone RPE
- Acrylic: JBC Monomer and Polymer